1. You agree to only participate in the race while wearing complete protective gear.
Only start while wearing a solidly closed helmet that is equipped with chin guard, eye protection, gloves, motocross boots, kneepads, chest protector with back, shoulder and elbow protectors.
Each participant is solely responsible for his/her protective gear and its functionality.
2. Race participants and visitors are strictly prohibited from driving outside of the race venue:
Entire mining area (risk of fatal injury!)
Connecting route drivers camp Erzberg arena (idle and at walking speed only)
From the drivers camp to the pre-start area (idle and at walking speed only)
3. Leaving the riders´paddock as well as the Erzberg arena is strictly prohibited – risk of fatal injury upon entering the mining area!
4. The race-course is marked and may not be exited during the race. Follow the lane boundaries of the race-course. Leaving the secure areas of the Erzberg region may result in fatal injury.
Immediately notify the organizer, if for any reason you should find yourself in any unsafe area. Our knowledgeable tour guides will escort you back to the drivers camp safely.
5. During the race it is strictly forbidden to drive against the race circuit. Any violations will result in immediate disqualification. Follow the instructions given by the safety personnel, the track marshals and the tour guides.
6. Always drive by line of sight even during the race! Expect slower participants or those experiencing malfunctions as well as rescue vehicles on the track.
Yellow flag means Danger on track! Specific caution!
Red flag means Race aborted! Stop at the roadside immediately and wait for instructions from the staff at the track!
Dropped-out riders must stay at the roadside and leave areas of possible danger!
Never stop on the track (especially in case of heavy line-of-sight obstruction, e.g. by dust or fog), but leave the track on the shortest way, take care of the subsequent riders, and then stop.
7. Rules of conduct, if the race is prematurely terminated: Remove motorbike from race-course and/or hazard zone and wait for race to finish. Our tour guide will meet you and escort you to the drivers camp. Reversing or leaving the race-course on your own is strictly prohibited since it is very dangerous and could result in fatal injury.
8. In case of an accident:
You are obligated to provide First Aid. Secure the accident scene against other drivers using your motorbike.
Position yourself behind the motorbike and, using hand signals, alert other drivers and/or the nearest tour guide, track marshal or checkpoint official.
Do not leave the injured person! Ask another race participant to notify the nearest track marshal, tour guide or emergency personnel.
9. Rules of conduct in the event of treacherous weather, thunderstorm or storm warning: In the event of treacherous weather, a siren from the VA Erzberg operations building will sound. The race will thus be terminated. All participants, visitors as well as accompanying persons must immediately proceed to the drivers camp or the Erzberg arena, to be protected against a potentially life-threatening situation.
In emergencies you can ask the following places/persons for help:
Track marshals, mobile guides (motorbike with Guide emblem, reflective vest), fire department personnel, police, at the check points / uniformed personnel, rescue and emergency physician vehicles, First Aid Center at the race office – Voest Alpine Building, Security Service, on-site race office
10.The riders´ meetings, which are important safety components for race participants. These riders meetings will provide you with the most current information as well as notify you of any updated safety regulations. The organizer has no other on-site means to inform the riders. Each rider therefore has to participate in the riders´meetings. Any message that was unclear should be confirmed with the race office, if necessary.
11.Any Erzbergrodeo rider is also responsible for persons accompanying him/her. S/He must ensure that these persons receive all necessary information prior to arriving at Erzberg.
Riders and accompanying persons may ride from the riders paddock to the Erzbergrodeo arena at walking speed only. Each vehicle must be clearly marked with a starting number and/or a valid licence plate and vehicle sticker (Authorization to enter drivers camp). No entry into the event area and/or riders paddock without starting number and/or a vehicle sticker.